Before starting your application, please gather all the required information and documents you will need to complete it. Incomplete applications cannot be saved and returned to later.
Required items include:
- 1. A healthcare practitioner recommendation with a date of issuance within 90-days of the application submission date (Required annually)*
- 2. Social Security Number or a copy of a sworn affidavit stating lack of one*
- 3. One (1) current face photo, "2x2"*
- 4. One (1) copy of DC DMV REAL ID* OR
- Two (2) proofs of DC residency and*
- One (1) copy of government-issued photo ID*
- 5. Caregiver Application (Optional)
- 6. Reduced fee proof of income documentation (Optional)
Upon submission, you will be sent a confirmation of receipt email. If your application needs additional documentation, you will receive an email with the necessary documents requested.
After all necessary documents are reviewed you will receive an email detailing payment options within three (3) business days. Payment can also be made in person at 2000 14th Street NW, Suite 400S, Washington, DC 20009 during regular business hours.
To ensure prompt receipt, please add our email address (email@example.com)to your safe senders list, address book, or contact list.
Program details are available 24/7 at abra.dc.gov. Phone and email inquiries are responded to Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
* Indicates a required field