Adult Patient Application
Before starting your application, please gather all the required information and documents you will need to complete it. Incomplete applications cannot be saved and returned to later. This application form is for DC residents. If you are not a DC resident, please use this form Non-DC Resident Adult Patient Application.
Required items include:
- 1. A healthcare practitioner recommendation with a date of issuance within 2 years of the application submission date OR Self-Certification for individuals 21 and older*
- 2. One (1) current face photo, "2x2"*
- 3. One (1) copy of DC DMV REAL ID* OR
- One (1) proof of DC residency and*
- One (1) copy of government-issued photo ID*
- 4. Caregiver Application (Optional)
- 5. Reduced fee proof of income documentation (Optional)
Upon submission, you will be sent a confirmation of receipt email. If your application needs additional documentation, you will receive an email with the necessary documents requested.
After all necessary documents are reviewed you will receive an email with a digital letter. Fees have been waived for new and renewal applications received by December 7, 2023. If you would like a physical card issued or replaced, a $10 fee applies.
To ensure prompt receipt, please add our email addressABCA.CannabisInfo@dc.gov to your safe senders list, address book, or contact list.
Program details are available 24/7 at abca.dc.gov. Phone and email inquiries are responded to Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
* Indicates a required field